Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

Day 24: Setbacks

Today was a setback day.

I woke up, went to work, and came back feeling constantly ill. Even an afternoon nap didn't completely knock it out of me.

And of course today my computer decided would be an awesome day not to work well.

There's a reason I call it MJ (Migraine Jr., after my first laptop).

So I barely wrote anything today.

It's frustrating, as I'm sure you all know, whether you like to write or not. Anytime your plans get thrown a curve ball, it's upsetting. It doesn't matter whether it was to write 2,500 words, or whether it was to watch a three hour movie. It can be difficult to deal with setbacks or cancellations of our plans.

Well, since we all know they're going to happen, and we're all older than four, the best thing we can do is just accept it.

One of my favorite sayings is: c'est la vie. It's the French for: that's life. And while I guess you could take it as pessimistic, that you can't change anything, I always took it to mean why worry about what you can't change?

I could be stressed out an annoyed that I'm ill and barely wrote 200 words.

Or I could accept that my body needs a rest.

I could be livid that my laptop doesn't work well.

Or I could accept it (and make plans to get a new one).

It just makes me really grateful that I had several days of banking words.

Today's Total: 216
Total So Far: 41,321
Left to Write: 8,679

No comments:

Post a Comment