Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Day 12: It's coming together

This almost ended up being a very different post.

Just the other day, I was stuck in my story.

Nano suggests that you start with a brand new story, instead of working on an old manuscript, so that your mind is free to work, without the burden a manuscript can cause. And I totally get that. That's almost how I ended up.

I was writing aimlessly, wondering where on earth my story was going, thinking that maybe I should scratch the idea totally. And considering the manuscript I'm working on is actually the sequel to one which I'm getting ready for Kindle and eventually CreateSpace, I felt an especial burden.

But that's changed now.

Now the story's coming together, and it's better than I imagined it would be.

I already have an idea for the ending, and it's much better than I'd originally planned.

I thought that at the end of November I'd have a pile of crud to scrap, but now I think it'll be a good story, after a major edit or two, of course.

If you think your story is garbage, don't scrap it. See if you can work out the kinks. At the least, put it aside after Nano for a while, and see if there's anything salvageable.


Today's Total: 2,058
Total So Far: 19,665
Left to Write: 30,335

No comments:

Post a Comment