Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Day 22: Push yourself

Some days you're just going to have to push yourself.

I don't know what it was, but I really didn't feel like writing today. Maybe it's because my sister got in late last night, and I was tired. Maybe it's because I was gone for quite a bit in the afternoon.

Whatever it was, I had to push myself past it.

Sometimes we don't feel like writing.

But the end result is always worth it.

Because even if those 5,000 words are horrible, it's helped you to be a better writer. You never master a skill you don't practice.

Part of the beauty of Nano is that it forces you to write sometimes even when you don't feel like it, because deadlines don't wait for when we feel like it.

Inspiration can come even when you don't feel like it.

Because I forced myself to sit down and write, my story just got a new subplot. Score!

Today's Total: 2,208
Total So Far: 38,597
Left to Write: 11,403

No comments:

Post a Comment