Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Day 3: A little better

Today was a much better day for me as far as writing went.

I'm starting to get more motivated about the manuscript I'm working on. It's one which I've been toying with for a while, but never finished because I kept working on other things I got more interested in.

I know the people at Nanowrimo say it's best to start brand new, but I felt I needed to get this one done. It'll be a great story when it's all done and edited (at least I think it will be), and I felt the motivation of needing to churn out 50,000 words by the end of the month would encourage me to just sit down and work on it, even if I didn't feel like it.

Today that reasoning worked well (or I got interested again). Since I'm not certain how much I'll be able to write on Sundays, and with the holidays coming up (our Thanksgiving is at the end of the month, if you're not from the States), I wanted to aim for about 2,000 words a day at least six days a week. Today I exceeded those 2,000 (yay!). Not by a whole lot, but hey, when you're looking at any word count, every little bit helps get you closer, right?

Oh, and I also finally figured out the Nano word count update thing (I forgot Saturday, and it wasn't working for me yesterday). 

Today's Total: 2291
Total So Far: 4307
Left to Write: 45,693

No comments:

Post a Comment