Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Day 23: Below 10,000

I can't believe I have less than 10,000 words to write.

Nanowrimo will be over in a week. I'm excited, but I think I'll be a little sad when it's over as well. After all, it's been a great time practicing my skills. And of course the practice doesn't end with Nano, but I think the structure really helped me to get so much writing done. After all, I had a hard deadline.

It also has helped me to stay focused on one project, instead of dancing around to several different ones at once. I like the freedom of working on multiple projects, but I feel that if you have a project you really don't want to work on (as was the case with me on this manuscript), challenging yourself to focus only on that project for a set amount of time really helps.

Because now I'm excited to be working on this project. So many good ideas came because of the rush to get 50,000 word down, and I believe the story's better for it. Of course, the truth will be shown when I start editing it, but for now I'm really happy with how it's progressing.

Good luck this last week. Let's all finish strong!


Today's Total: 2,508
Total So Far: 41,105
Left to Write: 8,895

No comments:

Post a Comment