Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Day 4: Accountability

Today would've been a very easy day for me to skip writing completely.

I came home from work drained and exhausted. Even a snuggle on the couch with my cats and a nice warm blanket didn't bring my energy back (that's how I know I'm sick, I'm usually very high energy most if not all of the day). So honestly, the last thing I wanted to do was sit down and type (actually, I think the last thing I wanted to do really was run around the block, but I already knew that wasn't happening).

But I decided I couldn't just come here and write "Oh, I got nothing done today." So I set a timer for 15 minutes. And while my word count for the day isn't great, it's better than nothing.

That's one of the things I really like about Nano, one of the reasons I decided to give you all updates on my progress.

I wanted the accountability.

I knew this wasn't going to be easy. Especially when I woke up with a full-blown cold. But by having you all to tell about it, by having that 50,000 word count to finish by the 30th, it helps keep me on track. 15 minutes is better than no minutes. And I much rather tell you that I gave it a try, that I got a little bit done, than that I just gave it up for the day.

If you find yourself struggling to keep up, or to get in even a little bit of writing time each day, tell someone what you're doing. And keep them posted. It might be just the motivation you need on those hard days.

And by the way, thank you for reading and keeping me accountable. 

Today's Total: 719
Total So Far: 5026
Left to Write: 44,974

No comments:

Post a Comment