Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Two things I love to heal winter skin!


Okay, so today I'm going to escape from the book world to tell you about two of my favorite products for this time of year.

If you're anything like me, you've known the struggle of dry, chapped lips and skin. I confess, a lot of my struggles are self-inflicted (i.e., I forget to moisturize), but the battle is real nonetheless.

Regardless if you're a lotion-junkie or not, this time of year is rough if you live in a cooler climate in the Northern Hemisphere like I do (lucky Australians and the rest of those Down Under). Between the continuous hand-washing, bitter winds, and dry heated indoors, my hands and lips get horribly chapped and dry.
 
So if you're also in the thick of the battle between rough and soft skin, maybe these weapons will help you as well as they have me.



 HURRAW! Lip Balm

It's pricey. I've tried several others, but it's still my favorite. Especially the mint flavor. Nothing soothes my lips and keeps them hydrated and soft like this balm does.

Check out their website for more flavors, but if you're a mint fan, just go ahead and get it. It's my favorite of the flavors I've tried (although their orange isn't bad either).

You can find it on  Amazon* as well, where it's a little more pricey, but most flavors appear to get free shipping, so it works out cheaper if you only want to get one tube to try it.

VALLEY GREEN NATURALS 
DermaSens Skin Repair Moisturizer

I bought this on a whim because I was intrigued by the concept. I mean, if you read the ingredients, you'll see it contains dead sea salt. I never thought you could put salt on your skin and actually have it be moisturizing, no matter what kind it was. 

Well, something in this lotion, whether it's the salt or not, works its magic. I've put this on severely chapped hands at night, only to wake up the next morning with my hands almost completely back to normal. (I do not recommend doing that, though, as it does Burn. Like. Crazy.) 

The best way to use this, as with most things, is just to be consistent. Putting it on every night before bed works wonders for me, and honestly I don't need to moisturize any more than that, so I suggest experimenting and seeing what's your golden number of lotionings.

You can find the lotion on their website or Amazon*.

What are your secrets to beating winter skin? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for reading, and have an awesome last day of 2014 tomorrow. Here's to an amazing 2015!


*These are associate links, meaning if you purchase through them I get a referral fee but they cost the same as if you had just gone and ordered them through Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment